Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Summer Holiday Recount

To start off the year we first did a writing task. By doing this writing task we are learning how to recount. I first had to pick a event that I did over the weekends. Then I filled in this sheet but were not allowed to tell where our event was at. This really helped everyone to remember the fun times that they had. It also helped us to use some literary devices.

Remembering our summer holiday
L.I. - Writing to recount
Writing using language features to engage readers

Complete these sentences about an event over the summer holiday. Don’t tell us what the event was just give us enough information that we can know for ourselves.

I felt excited because I could have fun with my family.
I felt sad because it was extremely hot.
I wondered if the boys could feel the burning heat.
I heard people screaming their lungs out.
I saw the little kids running around.
I heard the rides squeaking side to side.
I wondered if people could see my heart beating out of my chest.





No comments:

Post a Comment